Contemplating whether to assist Songbird or Reed in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty? The expansion offers a substantial narrative, with a crucial dilemma occurring during the Firestarter mission. It is essential to consider the consequences of your choices, as they lead to completely different outcomes. It is worth noting that this article contains significant spoilers.
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty – Choosing between Songbird and Reed in Firestarter
The dilemma of helping Songbird or Reed in the Firestarter mission of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty arises during a climactic moment. Alex, disguised as Aymaric, is in Kurt Hansen’s office, while V is disguised as Aurore, his twin. Just as Songbird is about to activate the device, you are presented with the following options:
- Assist Songbird in escaping: “I’m with you.”
- Help Reed capture Songbird: “One more second…”
Important: We recommend saving manually once the choices appear on your screen. This ensures that you have a backup save if you wish to explore the alternative finale. Additionally, certain legendary weapons can only be obtained depending on the chosen finale.
This decision holds significant weight in the Phantom Liberty expansion.
Can specific actions influence this moment?
To clarify, we consistently supported Songbird in our interactions with her. For example, we agreed to assist her during the mission titled “You Know My Name.” Later, while searching for the tracking station in “Birds With Broken Wings,” we met with her as prompted. She shared her plan to escape, and we did not disclose this information to Reed. However, we cannot confirm if our actions directly influenced the option to aid Songbird or if it is available by default regardless of our choices.
During the conversation with Hansen, we responded based on Aurore’s background information. Similar to the previous instance, we cannot confirm if these responses have any impact on the pivotal decision later on. Some examples include:
- Approach closely and touch: “This is my first time.”
- “It’s not a topic I wish to discuss” and “We were in different blocks.”
- “Kerry Eurodyne’s tailor.”
- Examine Hansen’s pistol: “The arms trade is not our domain.”
Left: We consistently supported Songbird during conversations; Right: We relied on Aurore’s background information when speaking with Hansen.
Consequences of helping Songbird escape
Here’s what occurs if you choose to help Songbird in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty:
- Alex kills Hansen, eliminating the need to worry about him.
- Songbird assists you by utilizing her hacking abilities as you navigate through the stadium. Additionally, one of Hansen’s lieutenants may drop the Murphy’s Law legendary weapon.
- Once you clear the entrance area, avoid taking the elevator. Reed will be waiting for you below, and he will instantly kill you.
After escaping the stadium, you must wait for several in-game days for Songbird to contact you. This leads to the final mission: “The Killing Moon.” The objective is to infiltrate the spaceport and assist Songbird in reaching the shuttle. However, NUSA forces will also be present. At the conclusion of this mission, a particular decision rewards you with the Pariah legendary weapon. Further details are discussed in our endings guide.
The Songbird Escape finale culminates in a shootout at the spaceport.
Consequences of helping Reed capture Songbird
Here’s what occurs if you choose to help Reed in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty:
- Hansen kills Alex, and you must escape the stadium on your own.
- Hansen appears later, and you must engage in a battle with him. He also drops three legendary weapons.
- You then ride the elevator and escape in Reed’s vehicle. Both of you witness Songbird being captured by Night City’s security forces.
This finale consists of two missions that must be completed:
- “Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos” – The objective is to eliminate the MaxTac forces guarding Songbird.
- “Somewhat Damaged” – This mission takes place deep within a facility and involves stealth, as a rampaging robot is searching for you. Additionally, you will discover the blueprints for the Erebus legendary weapon and Militech Canto Mk6 cyberware.
In the Songbird Capture finale, your goal is to rescue her from Night City’s forces.
In any case, these are the outcomes based on whether you choose to help Songbird or Reed in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Beyond this point, we proceed to our endings guide, which delves into the concluding story arcs of the expansion, as well as a new ending for the main campaign.
There is more to discover in the district of Dogtown as you explore Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. For additional tips and strategies, visit our guides hub.